Welcome to Daytrippers
Fishing has been my passion ever since I was a young boy.
I would get up at the crack of dawn - fishing pole in hand and
head down to the brook that ran through
the valley on the farm where I grew up.
I always make time to fish and try to get out in the woods or on a pond
as much as I can. Some say it's a disease but I say it's for the love of nature.
I provide Full Day or Half Day adventures throughout Southern, Western and Coastal Maine.
Flyfishing ( and instruction), Spincasting or Trolling either by walking and wading or
by small boat or canoe.
What we fish for depends generally on what time of year it is.
Some fish just don't bite well in the heat of summer or when water conditions are low or high.
So generally I follow this schedule:
- April/May - Trout Streams
- Late April/May/Early June - Landlocked Salmon, Tougue, Trout Ponds
- Late May/ June/ July - Bass, Pickerel, Perch
- June/July/August - Canoe Large Rivers
- July/August - Striped Bass
- September - Ponds and Streams
- October - Trout Streams
- January - March - Ice Fishing
My schedule fills up fast due to the fact that I have to work around my other life
so give me a call with your tentative travel plans and I'll see if I can schedule you in.
David Karl Roberts
Registered Maine Guide